Frequently Asked Questions
What are the TU-Automotive awards?
The TU-Automotive Awards are the most prestigious and anticipated awards in the connected car industry. With 10 categories designed to highlight established and emerging companies, the TU-Automotive Awards attract over 400 nominations from all over the world and reward the best of the industry.
Who can enter the awards?
Nominations are open to any company operating in the connected car industry worldwide.
How can I enter the awards?
What are the deadlines?
- Call for nominations open - Week of November 21, 2016
- Deadline for nominations - Friday March 10, 2017
- Finalists announced - Friday April 14, 2017
- Awards Ceremony: 18:30 - 22:00, June 6, 2017, Hyatt Place, Detroit, Novi
Is there a fee?
Nominations for the TU-automotive awards are completely free.
What are the rules for nominating?
Nominations are open to any company operating in the connected car industry. All products nominated must be on the market by March 2017. For further information about the rules, visit this page.
What are the categories?
- OEM of the year
- Best Connected Service/Product for the Commercial Market
- Best Telematics Product/Service
- Best Insurance Telematics Product/Service
- Best Active Safety or ADAS Product/Service
- Best Auto Mobility Product/Service
- Best Auto Cybersecurity Product/Service
- Best Aftermarket Telematics Product/Service
- Newcomer the year
- Influencer of the year
Who are the judges?
The judging panel will be comprised of connected car experts. We are currently recruiting industry experts to join our judging panel, they will be announced on this page.
When is the ceremony?
The ceremony will take place on June 6, before the annual TU-Automotive Detroit, in Novi, Michigan. Details of the ceremony can be found by visiting this page.
How can I attend the ceremony?
You can simply purchase a ticket to attend the awards dinner. Please note that a ticket to attend TU-Automotive Detroit does not give you access to the Awards Ceremony, a ticket must be purchased separately for this dinner.-